Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The End of My Journey and the Beginning of Another

NOVEMBER 2011 - I am slowly settling in Denver with my son and his family.  The transition back to the States is not as bad as most volunteers experience.  I realize  from the start that I would not have a hard time, living as long as I have and experiencing a variety of life transitions, this one would be a piece of cake.

JANUARY 2012 - I was wrong.  These past couple of months were interesting.  After spending the first month visiting with friends in California, I returned to Denver to start my life as a grandmother.  I discovered that my life in Belize was very much connected to the people and the country.  Fortunately, in this new world of electronics, I continued to keep my friendships with them.

My motivation and energy are at the lowest.  I still struggle to fit into my new life in the suburbs and living the American life.  I credit these feelings to the winter months of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).  It's taken me all this time to finish my blog, but with the new year I look forward to documenting my experience with a photo book to show my friends and family.  If anyone is interested in seeing my book, please contact me.

I want to thank all who have read my blog and followed my two years in Belize - there is so much more to write and document but that will be for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment